In handling your personal information, Finance Mortgages is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
How and why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for or use our products and services. In particular, we collect it so we can:
• provide you with the products and services you require, which may include financial and insurance products and services; and
• provide you with information about products and services available to you from Finance Mortgages and associated businesses.
Providing Your Personal Information to Other Organisations
In providing products and services to you it may be necessary for us to provide your personal and credit information to other organisations with whom we conduct business, particularly finance lenders. We may need to disclose aspects of your personal information to:
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements;
- to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance such as third party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to anybody who represents you, such as finance brokers, lawyers and accountants; to anyone, where you have provided us consent;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money or Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth);
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business; or to your employer, referees or identity verification services.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia.
In order to provide products and services to you and to assist you in applying for a home loan and related products and securities, we require information about you. If you do not provide us with all of the information we request we may be unable to supply to you the product or service that you require.
USING GOVERNMENT IDENTIFIERS
If we collect government identifiers, such as your tax file number, we do not use or disclose this information other than required by law. We will never use a government identifier in order to identify you.
If you consent to us doing so, we may provide you with information from time to time about new products and services available to you from Ales Cervenka of OzLoans, or other businesses with whom we have a relationship. Your consent to our providing this information to you will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish, from time to time to receive this information.